Thursday, September 14, 2006

Guerilla Girls



Alright, I have not read any of their books yet, but all female artists should take a look at their web site (just click on the title). No I am not going Feminazi, but it doesn't hurt to be aware of some of this stuff, and they approach feminism through humor anyways. We read about and probably will eventually discuss this group in my art criticism class. To their credit they have actually made the Guggenheim reorganize an exhibition that was originally to be entirely male. Besides print beast... guerillas, do I see a potential conection here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the title,header(?) on your blog. It did not get me into the site. I will try the normal way...and check out what is there. Should I bring a "banana" along??

Anonymous said...

Knock!Knock! I am glad I took that banana with me. What a web site! refreshing,kind of bubbly with a hammer in the background and a hit between the eyes. A wake up manifesto in a guerilla head. They have a HUGE sense of direction,humor and righting wrongs. Carrie Nation would be so proud.