Saturday, September 09, 2006


Alright mes cheris, I finally got these scanned and uploaded. All I have to say is that Macs are not my friend, and that in the end I had to admit defeat and go to a lab with IBMs. The image to the left in the corner is my first wood engraving, and is a possible image for a book Simcha and I have been talking about. The image below is my first run through with the ferric chloride as an etching agent. It's not too bad; you actually do have to stack your plates upside down with this stuff, or else you have to shake the bath like every 5 minutes. This is due to the fact that this stuff doesn't bubble like the acid does, so the copper that is being eaten away will just settle on the plate and block the ferric chloride.

2 comments:

phantompanther said...

sarah!!!!!!!!! I never got the chance to congratulate you- I am so happy that you got into grad school, this just means that the world isn't completely fucked to hell afterall - though I do miss you in the shop!! Keep me and everyone else posted- that new ferric etching method sounds groovy baby!

Sarah the Viper Piper said...

Thank you, it was kind of scary at first, but I'm starting to adjust. There is no place like the GSPSLBST, and I do really miss everyone.