Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Resolution and Compromise


My weekly review with the Hoff went quite well today, he was happy with the king of clubs. And I was also able to present him with a compromise on a difference of opinion between us. Next semester I had wanted to start work on a very large multiplate dealing with some of the metaphors involved with Genesis. He had some serious issues about the size and the amount of time such a project would take. At anyrate I stumbled across the work of Louis-Marin Bonnet in Colorful Impressions: The Printmaking Revolution in 18th Century France. Marin was so proud of the color that he had achieved that he also made prints of each stage in printing, and gave a little bit of a written account for what he did for each print. As can be seen he did this print using only a la poupe techniques, and only one plate. The Hoff finds this method more acceptable, and he seemed pretty interested when I showed him the book.