Saturday, October 14, 2006

Madonna Hall


Well it turns out that I may have to find an off campus place by the end of this semester. Madonna Hall where I am currently living has been undergoing extensive construction, and in order to keep on schedule next semester they will be moving us into a hotel, or given the situation I have the option to break contract without penalty.
I have been living here for over a month now and have not described where I am living. The building is still fairly new (built in the 60's sometimes), but the students have not been kind to it. The condition of my walls is really quite atrocious, although I do have permission (since they are tearing it down) to paint my room, too busy though. The vent in my room is ungodly loud, and it is also rather cold at times. They tend to have a hard time heating the third floor, especially now with the construction and the fact that half of the building does not have windows. Lobby wise some of the windows are hanging off, and we also have an elevator that is made out of plywood. Mailbox numbers do not correspond with room numbers, also the floor/wing kitchens do not include refridgerators (neither do the rooms). I should note though that Madonna did win an award for its interior decorating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

move out , get an apartment , its cheaper .