Sunday, October 22, 2006

An Education in Printmaking

Earlier this month Hoffer decided that the other printmaking MFA person, Alison, would be working with me on silk screen printing and papermaking. I in turn will be working with Alison on lithography and intaglio printmaking. Right now we are working on lithography, and Alison has also shown me how to form paper using the screen and deckle. Hopefully later this week Jeff (MA ceramics) and Alison will be showing me how to work the hollander to make the paper. Lithography wise, I just showed her the first and second etches tonight, I have a good feeling about it. Thanks out to my Mom for sending the number 5 pencil, I don't think that it's kosher to just have somebody jump straight into etches with the Nitric. Oh and I may have hooked another lithography student, one of the painters said that she might be interested in learning.

No comments: