Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I last posted, and much has happened. For starters I now have my own studio space up with the MFA painters, it's previous occupant had to leave due to personal complications. I would have to say that it is really quite marvelous having my own space to work in again. It was rather uncomfortable in the printmaking grad studio, I was really the main grad student using it, but I prefer to work in chaos and dirt and Hoffer prefers pristine work areas (i.e. getting oil and what not on the paper protecting the table surface). So this is much better for me, Thank you to Eva and Rob for recommending me for it. There has been talk of a possible trip to Paris this springbreak, so I am going to be looking into loan type things for that.
On the printmaking front my enquiry to the Sharpie company proved ineffectual beyond recieving a "Thank you for liking our product so much." So to all of you printmakers out there using sharpies for etching they thank you. Also I have recently learned about a company, New York Central Art Supply, their paper selection is so huge it has to have it's own seperate 180 page catalog. We are talking things like historically made printing papers out of Spain to embossed paper from India, or Elephant shit paper from Africa. Their web page is http://www.nycentralart.com/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once a shop swine, always a shop swine.

Sarah the Viper Piper said...

oink, oink, oink to you too Joel

phantompanther said...

you should try the elephant shit paper just for SHITS and giggles! honestly though--

Anonymous said...

Your site totally needs photos, yeah like sexy undies shot .

Anonymous said...

Your site totally needs photos, yeah like sexy undies shot .

Anonymous said...

yeah i agree with the anonymous poster who mentioned sexy undies!

Sarah the Viper Piper said...

Geez Eva, Mike's going to get jealous

Anonymous said...

Sometimes creativity comes out of chaos.