Friday, October 06, 2017

Thoughts on Guns

I have schizophrenia and I do not own a gun.  I am more than happy to give up my rights to own one.  I know what really bad is like for me, and I am very glad that I did not have access to a gun then.  I don't think people always appreciate the anger level that can happen with this disease.  Most people have a hard time with comprehending that when I am really bad I hear them constantly.  No privacy no matter what I am doing.  As angry as I was though I never took it out on another human being.  I broke things, and I took it out on myself.  Really the main part of why I don't own a gun is because I would probably use it on myself.  I have had a Republican guy (mom would term him a shooter) at work argue with me about this, which I do not understand.  He says I seem normal, and tells me my experience was not that bad.  Inspite of me showing him the scars on my arm.  He was also not around me when I was fully unmedicated.  I don't get why you would push guns on people like me.
 
       That guy my Mom would classify as shooter.  Mom says there are two types of gun people.  Hunters and shooters.  Hunters understand that guns are tools used to kill.  They use these tools to feed their families, and they don't need assault weapons or machine guns to do it.  Those would only ruin the meat.  Mom's idea of a good hunter was grandpa.  She said she was always amazed because she would examine the deer he brought back.  Every single one only had one shot in them through the heart.  My Grandpa and great uncles had the policy of only shoot if you are one hundred percent sure you can make the shot.  A good hunter does not allow an animal to suffer. Shooters on the other hand are more childlike, they view guns as toys.  Most shooters I know tend to look down on hunters because they kill things.  My Mom has the opposite view of the shooters; hunters are to be respected and shooters should be reviled.  After all the Sandy Hook guy was a shooter prior to his rampage, not a hunter.

No comments: