Thursday, October 19, 2017

Jose Trujillo

Speaking of buying art this is my newest acquisition.  It is by Jose Trujillo.  I found him on ebay; he seems very prolific.
  He sets his auctions quite low, although expect to get into a bidding war.  I tried to get two other pieces, but was outbid.  He has 100 percent positive feedback.  He has an excellent sense of color, and he has good brushwork.  Granted I am not a painter, but his brush work is loose not tight.  This is something I struggle with sometimes.  Iwould describe looseness as being sort of an ease or confidence in the brushwork.  Being tight can lead to distortions.  Tricks to help combat this is initially start out holding the brush on its far distal end from the brush end.  Good brushes are long for a reason.  I've read Gainsborough had a 7 foot long brush for this purpose.  I've also had a professor recommend standing when drawing or painting because it inreases your range of motion.  At any rate his work is quite affordable, and I am quite sure it is a real painting (not the tricks I talked about in On buying art).  I can really smell the oil paint on it.  I would have to say that part of what fascinates me out Jose Trujillo's work is how he simplifies and breaks down his landscapes into color. 

No comments: