Thursday, December 14, 2017

Beige bathrooms

I really hate beige or brownish bathrooms.  It is a trend I cannot stand.  The two main reasons as I see it for why people go there are one: many people are afraid of or don't like color, and two: because it hides shit really well.  In public spaces I suppose designers have to try to go with a color everyone will like.  As an artist this fear of color drives me nuts.  When I watch the home design shows when I work out it is a lot of grey and beige.  This one Great Course I took on the psychology of color said that grey is the color depressed people gravitate to.  I am not sure how correct that is that course seemed a little wooish to me.  If it is right what does it say about our obsession with grey and beige right now.  Speaking as a cleaning lady I dislike beige bathrooms because I know how well the color hides things.  Personally I would rather be able to easily see and do my job.  I really like the older bathrooms at work with the blue tile work.  Bits of wet paper towel do not blend in on those floors.  Beige bathrooms just feel gross dirty to me.

No comments: