Sunday, October 01, 2017

Knitting

These days my great preoccupation has been knitting.  It relaxes me.  I am embarking on a new pattern full of challenges.
                                                  The pattern is from Kate Atherley's Custom Socks: knit to fit your feet.  It is a toe-up pattern, I am usually a cuff-down girl.  They are knee highs, which gives some fit challenges.  Years ago I tried making a pair of knee-highs without a pattern and without any idea of negative ease.  They totally wouldn't stay up.                                                            Atherley came up with how to do sizing by having people from all over send her their foot and ankle measurements.  She found that circumference of the ball of the foot was pretty much the same as the circumference of the ankle.  Prior to her book I don't ever remember seeing these sizes listed on patterns.  In my case I have long skinny feet; the ball of my foot is smaller than my ankle.  So that comes out to the fourth size on this pattern, but I have big I guess I have big calves, it was not listed as a size option.  So I guess it remains to be seen if I can figure this out.  This is as far as I have gotten.  

No comments: