Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Things I do for Work

I pick up a lot in the hospital on weekends.  One of the bad things about this is my normal shift is 4pm-12:30am Mon.-Fri.  If I want the overtime though I have to pick up first shift.  I suppose this all sounds very boring, but to do it I have to not take my schiz meds.  The most aggravating side effect is how long they make me sleep.  I have been doing pretty good lately, normally every few months I would end up talking to them.  It has been kind of a long stretch without them.  This year I have done better with sticking to two days of cardio a week.  I think maybe that has helped.  I am having dim voices right now, though.  If it was during the week I would for sure take my meds, but I have to get up early for work.  They aren't at a level where I feel compelled to talk to them.  This is mild compared to where it can be.  At its worst fully unmedicated extreme it can also include smell hallucinations and sensations as well.  I haven't had the smell one a lot.  Early on they told me they had replaced the water coming out of my shower with bleach.  When I turned it on I could smell bleach, which is weird because I don't use bleach at home.  Maybe it was just power of suggestion.  The sensation thing they were trying to express the level of control they had over me by telling me where I would be experiencing pain.  Not sure if power of suggestion, or just aches and pains my brain latched onto.  It seemed like visual hallucination were more linked to reading.  Remember one time leaving paranoid line of questioning about soy in resident doctors lounge.  At the time I was delighted to see a reply on the paper.  I read it once, and then I read it a little later and the handwriting seemed to have changed as well as the message. A year or two later I am medicated and cleaning my apartment when I find it, and there was no reply whatsoever on it.

No comments: