Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Vengeful Poconos


Well, we left Saturday night at midnight (we being I and my amazing parents, who drove me out there); off through the pitch black Wisconsin night through the whisping fog and on to Pennsylvania. Mine enemies will probably be happy to hear that while the first part of the trip went all right, we hit problems crossing the Poconos. This came in the form of torrential rain and road construction, we would go for a little bit and then would hit road construction signs and backed up traffic. My father opted to express his frustration by getting out of the truck and taking a leak on the road. Of course during these delays there was still a driving gail of rain; meaning that everything I was bringing was getting a thourough soaking in the back of the truck. Fortunatly the cardboard of the boxes soaked up quite a bit of the water, so only one of my books was really waterlogged beyond all redemption (it was DesCartes anyway). Unfortunately my rug got thouroughly soaked, and is starting to smell quite bad; I'm hoping that stringent usage of baby powder and vacuuming will get rid of the smell. Special thanks out to my parents though, it was truly an heroic effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frustration! No. A great deal of coffee.Yes. A great many miles and hours on the road needs plenty of coffee. When you drink plenty of coffee...